“Homemade Chocolate Recipe”
- 5 tbsp coco powder
- 1 ¼ cup milk powder
- ¼ cup butter (makaan)
- 2/3 cup sugar (cini)
- ½ cup water (paani)
- Heat water and sugar in a pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce flames and continue cooking till you reach one string consistency.
- Add butter (makaan) and mix well till it melts. Turn off heat.
- Add coco powder and milk powder into the mixture (a few tbsp at a time) and mix it well until it’s smooth.
- Grease a plate or pan and pour the mixture into it. Smooth out the top of it and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Place it in fridge for 10-15 minutes. Now cut it in your desired shape.
- To avoid lamps sieve coco powder and milk powder before use.
- To check for one string consistency of sugar syrup – allow the sugar to dissolve in water. Continue to cook the syrup on low flame. When you touch the syrup between your forefinger and thumb, a thin string will form and it should not break. If it breaks, the syrup should simmer for a little while longer.
- You can add crushed nuts of your choice
- You can add 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence at the time of adding butter. Alternately, 2 tsp of strong coffee mixture can be added.’
- You can use ice tray as your mold and can get chocolate in the shape of ice cubes.