Lemon Rice Recipe
- 1 cups cooked or steamed basmati rice (chawal)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 tsp soaked or boiled chickpea dal (chana dal)
- a pinch of asafetida (hing)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Regular salt (namak) as required
- 5-6 fresh or dry mint leaves(pudina leaves) or fresh coriander leaves (dhania leaves) for garnishing
- In a small frying pan put oil and add mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Drain water from chana dal/chickpea dal and add it to frying pan, fry them for 12-15 seconds.
- Add the asafetida (hing) and turmeric powder, fry them for 2-3 seconds.
- Fry everything on a low flame, so that the spics don’t burn.
- Switch off the fire and add the lemon juice along with salt.
- Stir and immediately pour this mixture on the rice.
- Mix it well.
- Keep the lemon rice covered for the flavors to blend for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with crashed dry mint leaves (pudina leaves) or freshly shopped coriander leaves (dhania leaves).
- Then serve the lemon rice with papads and coconut chutney or just have lemon rice.